Thursday, October 20, 2011

Visual Thinking Research

The two puzzles I chose were "Block Twins" and "Next Square."

My Attempts:

I thought it would be 'D' because I thought that the pattern involved squares 1 and 3 to be combined to make the 4th square, so I combined 2 and 4 to make the 5th square.

These were the only pairs I could find. I was counting the blocks and rotating the paper to see if they matched. After looking at the answers, I was surprised to find out that I only chose one correct pair.


My Brother's Attempts:
My brother said he was using the process of elimination and ruling out the possible answers and none of them seemed to match so he chose 'D' because it was the only one that made any kind of sense to him.

My brother only found these two pairs. He said he didn't really have a strategy and that he just tried matching the ones that looked the most similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment